Oh Mama 7" vinyl. How many versions exists?

Oh Mama 7" vinyl. How many versions exists?

KISSWacks
I just got a hold of another copy of the single Oh Mama, and it was different from the one I have.

In the discography here on the page it states the following:

"Oh Mama/Pigvalley beach (Remix)
7" 1988 Radium 226,05 Records (RA043)
1:st pressing: Sator written in black on the white page. The front picture is more colorful.
2:nd edition: Sator written in red on the white page. Pale front picture.
Editions unknown but over 10 000 copies were sold."

I now have two different versions of this single, but NONE of them have Sator written in RED on the white side. Both are in black.

The difference of the two are the color of the pictures, check the pictures below:

Could there be a third version?

Now I'm hunting for the one with red letters!

Re: Oh Mama 7" vinyl. How many versions exists?

Webquake
Administrator
That's highly interesting!
I've never seen one like the one on the left. The right one is the first pressing. Then I have one which looks like the left one, only the inside print is all in red (not only "Sator" but the Radium logo etc too).

Maybe your left one is the real second pressing. Because it resembles the first one the most. Then they made a third pressing, in a cheaper way (only one color on the inside), and that's the one I have. Only a theory.

It would be interesting to know which one is hardest to find. Maybe other fans who own the single can post which one they have and we'll get an idea of how common the various versions are.

Anyway, there's definitely a third version and I'm going hunting for it! I'll update the discography too.

Thanks for the info!

Re: Oh Mama 7" vinyl. How many versions exists?

Thomas_k-holm
i got the right one on the picture and one with red letters on!
think i have a third one but i cant find it right now!

Here's a picture of my version with the whole inside print in red. The other side looks like the left single above. Thomas, is it the same as yours?

Re: Oh Mama 7" vinyl. How many versions exists?

Thomas_k-holm
yes thats one one stands here!