Records wanted!

KISSWacks
This post was updated on .
I'm looking for some Sator records. If you have any for sale please mail me at: jon@kisswacks.com

Wanted list:

Sator - Slammer (CD, 1988, Radium, RA033) (Not WEA 9031-76522-2)
Sator - Slammer (LP, France, CL0085, Black and red picture)
Sator - Slammer (LP, 1988, Radium, RA033, Red Label)
Sator - Slammer (LP, 1988, Radium, RA033, Orange Label)
Sator - Slammer (LP, 1988, Radium, RA033, Blue Label)

Sator - Stock Rocker Nuts (CD, 1990, Radium 226.05 Records) (Not WEA 9031-76523-2)

Sator - Headquake (Cassette, 1992, WEA 9031-76452-?)

Sator - Barbie-Q-Killers (Cassette, 1994, WEA-Metronome/Planet Of Noise - 4509-95259-4)

Sator - Oh Mama/Pigvalley Beach (7", RA043, 2nd edition: Sator written in red on the white page, Pale front picture)

Sator - We're Right, You're Wrong/Only The Stones Remains (7", 1992, WEA 903176519-7)

Sator - I wanna Go Home/Too Much Trouble (7", 1992, WEA 9031-77391-7)
Sator - I wanna Go Home/Too Much Trouble/Pigvalley Beach (Live)/Bughouse Baby (Live) (CD-single, 1992, WEA 9031-77392-2)

Sator - I'm Gone/Hey You/Find The Time (7", Blue Vinyl, Japan, 1997, 1+2 records)

Sator - Droppin' Out (10", 2000, Safetypin Records, Spain)

Never released! - Sator - You Ain't Nothing/ A Song For You (7", France, Unreleased?, Split with Garlic Frog Diet)

Sator - Stereo (Cassette, 1995, if it exists...)

Sator - No Place To Land (CD-Single, PROMO, WEA, Spain, 1995, Really cool Picture sleeve)

Sator Codex - Forgotten Songs 1981-1984 (Cassette, Sator Corp Records (Sato 001) SW-84)
Sator Codex - Howling / Middle East Mix (7", Sator Corp Records (Sato 002) SW-84, Red Cover)
Sator Codex - Howling / Middle East Mix (7", Sator Corp Records (Sato 002) SW-84, Red Cover, w/ "Mickey Mouse"-hand)
Sator Codex - Howling / Middle East Mix (7", Sator Corp Records (Sato 002) SW-84, Red Cover, No hand print)

Baby Demons/White Flag - The complete Baby Demons (7", 1999, Just 4 Fun Records, Split-single)

The Wild Kings - Down at Wild Kingdom/Career Of Evil(Live) (7", Wild Kingdom Records SW-04)

Re: Records wanted!

Webquake
The Baby Demons 7" is still in stock: http://www.j4f.dk/mailorder.html

The Garlic Frog Diet split was in fact never released. It should be removed from the discography really.

The easiest way to find older Sator records is at http://www.tradera.com were most releases appear from time to time.

I found my copy of "No place to Land" on eBay after a couple of years of looking for it so that one is one of the very hardest items to find (in the top 5 I'd say).

Good luck with the hunting!

Re: Records wanted!

KISSWacks
Which one did you find on ebay? The one that was hard to get?

The Garlic Frog Diet split, was it ever pressed but not released? Or wasn't it ever pressed either?

Thanks for the tip on the The Baby Demons 7". Ordered it today.

/KISSWacks

Re: Records wanted!

Webquake
Administrator
Sorry, I seemed to miss some words in my first post. I edited it now, and added the title ("No place to land")

As far as I know the GFD-split was never pressed. Not sure how far the process went before it stopped but if I remember correctly (from an email conversation with someone in GFD in 1999) there were some problems with creating the artwork and then the time just started to pass, until the band quit.

Re: Records wanted!

KISSWacks
What other records do you consider to be in the top 5, "Hardest to get"-list?

Re: Records wanted!

KISSWacks
The Baby Demons single checked from the list.

Re: Records wanted!

KISSWacks
Sator - Slammer (LP, 1988, Radium, RA033, Blue Label) Checked!

Re: Records wanted!

KISSWacks
Recieved Slammer with the orange label today!

Re: Records wanted!

KISSWacks
Slammer with red label - check!

I still need the other records in the list.

Do you have any for sale?

Re: Records wanted!

KISSWacks
Completed the Oh Mama collection! I now got all three versions of the 7"-single.

Re: Records wanted!

KISSWacks
The list have been updated.

Lately I have found:

Droppin' Out - 10"
Slammer - French Version
Headquake - Cassette

Re: Records wanted!

Chips Kiesbye
The Barbie-Q-Killers vol 1 Cassette was never released

The Garlic Frog Diet split single was recorded but never released
The version of "You ain't nothing to me" is not the same as on Basement Noise

The Sator Codex Cassette Forgotten songs was cancelled at the last moment
No copies were ever distributed outside the band. So there were no more than 5 copies made
There might only be one existing copy left. I have it in my hand now
Maybe we'll release it officially one day

If you are looking for rare Sator material it might be worth mailing us
We have lots of unsorted boxes lying around with old stuff

Re: Records wanted!

KISSWacks
Thanks for the answer.

I think that it would be a great idea to release that old Sator Codex tape, I would love to here it if possible.

/Jon

Re: Records wanted!

Webquake
Guys, check this out (from my personal collection):

I also still firmly believe that there is a Stereo cassette out there somewhere. They have it at biblioteket.se (http://biblioteket.se/default.asp?id=8227&extras=370023%2FID) but when I asked them they said that you could only borrow it if you were hospitalized(!)
I'm willing to fake dengue fever or something just to get admitted. Then I could borrow it and take photos of it!

Re: Records wanted!

KISSWacks
Thanks Webquake. Then I'm still looking for that cassette, and I will keep my eyes open for Stereo too.

Re: Records wanted!

Fredrik B
Bai Bang kassetten känns svår att få tag på också. Jag har bara sett KungligaBibliotekets kopia.

Chips, vad är det för låtar på "Forgotten Songs"-kassetten?

Re: Records wanted!

KISSWacks
Bai Bang-kassetten? Vad är det för något?

Re: Records wanted!

Fredrik B
Se dikografin...
En (musik)samlingskassett utgiven av publikationen ResPublica 1985(?)

Re: Records wanted!

Webquake
Administrator
Jag har sett den på eBay en gång, men den blev för dyr för mig.

Här är all info jag har om den:

STUCK IN THE GROUND and INFLAMMABLE HYMN On "Bai Bang" compilation cassette with the magazine "Res Publika" SW-85. 200 copies. These songs are 4 track-demos taken from ”Forgotten Songs”.

Artists:
NJURMÄNNEN
LUFOR
TEXAS INSTRUMENTS
CONRAD
KEMPE
JEAN-LOISE HUHTA
FYSISK FOSTRAN
WILD INDIANS
DET SJÄTTE SINNET
STILLBORN
HEDDA GAMBLER
PPM
SATOR CODEX
DADA 36

Re: Records wanted!

Chips Kiesbye
Well "dra mig på en liten vagn" as we say in Sweden. I didn't know that the BBQ cassette existed!
Then maybe Stereo on cassette also exists?
12